Cocopeat block, also known as coir peat block or coconut coir block, is a compressed block of coconut coir fiber that is commonly used as a soil amendment and growing medium in horticulture.
Cocopeat blocks are made from the fibrous material that is left over after the extraction of the long coir fibers from the outer husk of the coconut. The fibers are washed, dried, and compressed into blocks. When hydrated, the blocks expand to several times their original size, providing a lightweight and highly absorbent growing medium for plants.
Cocopeat blocks have several benefits when used as a soil amendment and growing medium. They are pH-neutral, which means they will not alter the pH balance of the soil. They also have excellent water-holding capacity and provide good aeration to plant roots. Cocopeat blocks are also a renewable and sustainable resource, making them an eco-friendly alternative to other growing media.
Cocopeat blocks are commonly used for hydroponic gardening, greenhouse growing, and in potted plants. They are also used for soil conditioning, seed starting, and as a potting mix. They can be mixed with other soil amendments such as perlite or vermiculite to create a custom soil mix for specific plant needs.
Cocopeat blocks are used for a variety of applications, including:
- Horticulture: Cocopeat blocks are used as a growing medium in horticulture for a wide range of plants, including vegetables, fruits, flowers, and herbs. The high water retention and porosity of the cocopeat block make it an ideal growing medium for hydroponic gardening, greenhouse growing, and potted plants.
- Seed Starting: Cocopeat blocks are an excellent choice for starting seeds because they provide a sterile environment that is free of pests and diseases. They also provide the right amount of moisture and aeration for seed germination.
- Soil Amendment: Cocopeat blocks can be used as a soil amendment to improve the structure and water-holding capacity of soil. They can be mixed with other soil amendments to create a custom soil mix for specific plants.
- Animal Bedding: Cocopeat blocks are used as bedding for animals such as horses, chickens, and rabbits. They are absorbent, easy to clean, and provide a comfortable environment for the animals.
- Type : Block
- Max water content : 10% – 90%
- Electrical Conductivity :
0 – 0.5 mS/cm (Low EC)
> 1 mS/cm (High EC)
- Moisture : <20 %
- Size : 30 cm x 30 cm x 12-15 cm
- Weight : cocopeat block 5 kg
Capacity of a 40Ft HC Container
- 4400 Block